30-Day Feeling Fit Kit :: www.arbonne.com

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Island Inspired

I went to the movie with Keli last night and watched Soul Surfer about the girl who lost her arm to a shark while surfing on the north shore of Kauai. It was really good and jerked a few tears but I didn't know much about the story, so I enjoyed it. Plus, it was about Hawaii, which made me miss it even more. *sigh* There was so much add placement and branding going on throughout the movie it took me back to my island! The main one being Sambazon Acai. For those who haven't discovered acai, you do not know what you're missing! It's amazingly delicious and a super fruit much like blueberries or pomegranates. Sambazon was everywhere from what the mom was blending to the drinks on the surf stands to what the announcers and judges were drinking in the tent. It made me want to run home and blend a "bowl" up myself. A bowl consists of something of the sorts including blueberries, banana, strawberries, acai blended and topped with granola, fresh fruit, and honey. Well, I just created my own for our healthy detox. There is unsweetened frozen acai available at vitamin cottage. Yummy is all I can say. Here's my detox-friendly version, I used what I had on hand, which wasn't acai, although I know I have some in my freezer somewhere, I can't wait to find it!!

Amy's Island Inspired Bowl
10-12 oz liquid (I used a mix of almond milk and water)
2 scoops vanilla protein
1 scoop fiber powder
1 heaping handful mixed frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
1 heaping handful frozen strawberries
BLEND!
Top with gluten-free crispy brown rice cereal and a drizzle of agave nectar.
Yum-O!

*When I find my acai, I am going to just cut back on my heaping handfuls of all four berries but still keep some because they're super yummy and nutritious!

This is what I make after I work out, I feel like I need a little more substance than just protein and water/almond milk. It's filling and so super satisfying!!

Enjoy!
Xo,
Amy

2 comments:

  1. Well I love all the new recipes coming out from this April Blog.... thanks Amy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude! totally excited about this! I've gotten a little behind on reading the blog...but i'm back! I'm having SO MUCH FUN experimenting with Amy and making new things that I would have never dreamt of liking before. This detox has completely changed the way i taste food. i appreciate things i used to hate.

    And Amy...this post makes me SO EXCITED to be a National Vice President, so that I can go to Hawaii every single year! Hoorah!

    ReplyDelete